Monday, December 26, 2016

Princess TheLove

I loved you,
but you were never mine.
So now I keep you,
between the lines of
all the poems,
that I didn't write.
And I see you,
near the sunset
I saw through your eyes.
And I hear your voice,
in that coffee shop;
you never went to,
two tables behind.
Ten years from now,
I pass you by.
One look and now I see how,
I lost all my battles,
to that dark big eYes     .
Your daughter has your eyes.
So now, I write your name,
on grocery lists;
so that I may forget.
I shut my eyes,
for those who destroyed me,
all they knew was your name.
12 years from now,
a little girl on a swing.
I always knew you'd be,
a good Mother,
who'd never let her fall,
as You  let me.
For I am a Man now,
still;
with too many preserved grocery lists.
I always forget to dot my i's
but not the one,
that's in your name.
I still write it now,
your name
sometimes,
with nothing else around it.
Poetic justice,
it seems.
I need to go now,
I need to leave.
For I am the dust,
on your fingertips.
A lot has been said,
just not enough.
I loved you,
but you were never mine.
I loved you,
for I had no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment